Fractional Laser Skin Resurfacing
Fractional Laser Skin Resurfacing 1540
The Excellence Medical & Skincare Clinic offers non-ablative fractional skin resurfacing laser to address a wide range of skin resurfacing or scarring concerns. Fractional Laser Skin Resurfacing 1540
is a fractional non-ablative laser that has very few side effects and less downtime than ablative lasers.
- Non-ablative skin resurfacing (including but not limited to treatment of skin texture, fine lines and wrinkles)
- Treatment of pink or purple striae (stretch marks)
- Treatment of acne scars – ice-pick scars, rolling scars, boxcar scars, atrophic or hypertrophic.
- Treatment of surgical or trauma scars
- Treatment of improving and repairing sun damage
- Treatment of minimising age spots
- Avoid tanning or excessive sun exposure.
- Avoid perfumes, deodorants and other potential irritants in treatment area.
- Avoid taking aspirin and other blood thinners prior to treatment
- Most patients can return to work immediately after the procedure.
- Redness caused by the treatment can be camouflaged by makeup without any negative effects
- A good hydrating moisturiser should be applied post treatment.
- Patients should avoid sleeping on the treatment area to prevent swelling, or prop an additional pillow behind their heads.
- Cold compresses can be applied to alleviate any potential swelling.
- Sun exposure should be avoided during the healing phase and a sunscreen of at least SPF 30 should be applied daily.
How does it work?
Fractional Laser Skin Resurfacing 1540 is a non-ablative fractional or fractionated laser, which means it delivers a large number of very small spots per square centimeter of skin treated. These spots go through the stratum corneum and epidermis and penetrate into the dermis. It is a non-ablative laser (meaning it does not wound and remove thin layers from the skin surface). The 1540 wavelength causes heating in the dermis, and the area of heating spreads down, below each spot, and outwards from each spot. Heating the dermis in a controlled way causes the formation of new collagen (collagen neogenesis). While treatments only last a few minutes, the replacement of collagen in the treated area is a gradual process, and continual improvements can be seen for a period of 3-6 months, post treatment.
All fine lines and wrinkles can be reduced, but those caused by the sun, especially those around the eyes and lips respond the best. It is never too late or too early to treat wrinkles once they are formed, after all prevention is better then cure. This treatment can be done in conjunction with Botulinum toxin, Dermal fillers or PRP sessions.
Acne scars and facial scars from surgery or trauma may be reduced but very deep scars cannot be completely removed. Many benign skin growths and scaly patches on the skin’s surface are removed and new collagen is stimulated.
How many sessions do I need?
Patients are advised to have up to 3-5 sessions to achieve desirable results. However multiple sessions can be done to maintain results and to continually boost collagen production.
Does it hurt?
To ensure optimal comfort at Excellence Medical and Skincare Clinic topical local anesthetic is applied to the treated area prior to treatment.
Prior to treatment, the patient should
What to expect after the procedure
Is there any downtime?
The huge advantage of non-ablative laser resurfacing, contrary to ablative resurfacing, is that there is a minimal, if any post-recovery period. In other wordslow risk and rapid recovery. Patients can apply oxygenatix makeup and return to normal daily life immediately following treatment. There may be some redness post treatment, but this subsides within a few minutes following the treatment.